Re: [at-l] Pedestrian Deaths (not really trail related)

Actually, I could care less what folks in East Cobb think about the mess of
politicians and their bridges. Only a fool would spend that kind of money
to live in East Cobb and not investigate transportation. Once again, we
prove there are a lot of fools, even in the upper socioeconomic brackets.

BTW, we do have walk paths in Atlanta. For instance, the Silver Comet Trail
is a 15 foot wide park from near my home and eventually will reach
Birmingham. It is paved. It has at most a 1.5% grade. It is well used.
There are more coming.

Yet today's paper shows a park in Kennesaw (NW Cobb) got sold to a former
county commissioner, rezoned to industrial, and the park is now in
development to the profit of a few politicians. Fulton and Atlanta have no
monopoly on corrupt and short sighted politicians.

What will be interesting is the effect of GRTA (Georgia Regional Transit
Authority), a new agency our new Governor created. This is a super-agency
that will take local politics and politicians out of transit and some
developmental planning. There will be hell to pay when subways pop up in
our back yards, and locals have no input, but that is the only way we will
get our pollution and sprawl under control. If you think the conflict over
Saddleback was interesting, wait until folks in Georgia really understand
what GRTA will do, and later when they realize the benefits. It may make
Rudy Guliani (sp?) look like a conservative Republican.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA