Re: [at-l] vasque boot probs

In a message dated 9/11/99, 6:32:56 AM, Swillsing@aol.com writes:

<<  I absolutely love  my boots, never talked to
the manufacturer, have had them for four years and am now trying to figure
out how to get them resoled.  Never had a blister, think I'll keep them as
long as possible.>>

This could have been me talking about my Merrells <g>.  (I think everyone
I've met on the list knows how I feel about my boots).  I've had mine for
almost 7 years now.  Yes, they were about 170 bucks.    Yes, they are gortex,
and I have to say, I've never gotten a wet foot until recently, when the
whole side there is finally cracking.  I'm just going to buy some tape.
(Well, except for the time I fell IN the stream, in which case waterproof
boots did me absolutely no good.)  No blisters here either - but Merrell
doesn't make my boot anymore :( so I am just going to tape up my old ones
until I can find something that works.  But for me - Merrell was great (I
sent the boots back once for them to replace the little metal lacing thingies
and got them back with a whole new (unrusted) set of thingies, for free) and
goretex worked just fine.  Probably I just got lucky, but more likely it was
the several hours the guy at the outfitters spent with me getting a just
right fit.

The Redhead