Re: [at-l] Suggestions for Maine hike

Dave Minsek wrote:

> I'd like to take a  3 night trip in Maine in the late Sept/Oct
> timeframe and don't have much experience in that region.  Some things
> I'm wondering about are: places to camp that aren't too crowded,
> quality of hiking, weather for that time of year,  (Potential moose
> sightings
> would be a plus too!)

You absolutely cannot go wrong in Maine. The farther north you are, the better
chance of moose sightings. I'd probably recommend something in the central
section. Maybe something that will include Saddleback or Avery. Start at
Stratton and go north maybe. Or Caratunk and head south. I have not my book
right here, but I think the Stratton north trip would give you a couple of
three day options... Boy, I really told you nothing here....

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA 98