[at-l] More on Gulf Tract

OldMaster wrote that he posted on the '‘other' list and got bumped for
	doing it:
"I've looked into this issue, and I'll support it. But I'll write a letter
or two of my own. I remain uncomfortable with putting personal info onto
the Web. Thanks for informing me of this issue, if it wasn't for this
list, I'm afraid I might not have heard about it at all."

That's sad and I'm sorry.  For anyone else who's interested in trying to
get the Gulf Tract saved, you can look at the background information
provided on Trailplace and, if you want to, use the method provided for
sending a personal email to the Legislators involved.  There are some
Legislators without email, so if you use the Trailplace method, you will
get back a reply from WF with snail-mail addresses for those without
email.  And when you get emails back from the emailed Legislators, at
least one of those says they want a ‘real' letter.

For those that want to write letters because they don't want to use
Trailplace, or for those who want to write letters because they don't
believe in the value of the email method, or for whatever reason--here's a
list of names and addresses as best I can determine.  And I hope a lot
of you take advantage of this to help protect the views from Max Patch
and protect a lot of pretty much unspoiled habitat to boot.  But DO IT
SOON!  I guess 9/15 is sort of a deadline as Appropriations subcommittees
start deliberation about then.  So here's the list of addresses.
	And, by the way, at least there's no opposition group to this
purchase.  It's just that the US Gov. hasn't yet wanted to appropriate
money.  It's our job to persuade them to do that.
	Earthworm

Senator Ted Stevens, Chairman
Senate Committee on Appropriations
522 Senate Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0201

Rep. Bill Young, Chairman
House Committee on Appropriations
2407 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0910

Senator Slade Gorton, Chairman
Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior
	and Related Agencies
730 Senate Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-4701

Rep. Ralph Regula, Chairman
House Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior
	and Related Agencies
2309 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-3516

Senator Robert C. Byrd
Senate Committee on Appropriations
Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior
	and Related Agencies
311 Senate Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-4801

Rep. Zach Wamp
House Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior
	and Related Agencies
423 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-4203
(The only TENN. Rep. On Subcommittee--and there are no TENN. Senators
	 on the Senate Subcommittee)

Senator Bill Frist
416 Senate Russell Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-4205
(one of the two TENN. Senators)

Senator Fred Thompson
523 Senate Dirksen Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-4204
(the other TENN. Senator)

Rep. William L. Jenkins
1708 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-4201
(the Rep. from the TENN. District where the Gulf Tract is located)