Re: [at-l] vasque boot probs

> i understand that i am gonna get stuck with new boots...and never again no
> matter how comfortable will i ever get goretex boots.  what a joke keeps
> water in more than out. if i want to wrap my foot in goretex i will buy
the
> socks. but i dont want to get stuck with this store credit junk i woudl
> rather get stuck with real green american paper money aka cash.  does
anyone
> know how i can get around this or what else i can do.
>
> can anyone give me more info.   maybe how they delt with this problem.
>
> Wisperlight

Vasque is the easiest boot mfr, with maybe the exception of Merrell to get
new boots from.  Never got any refund cause I needed the boots, but like if
you need the bucks to buy reefer or something, just get a new pair of boots
and sell them to someone from New York or Mass. for about $125 or so.  Then
buy yourself a good pair of lowcut crosstrainers, change your trailname to
'sneakers', spray your feet with betadyne and when you pass the guy you sold
the new boots to, sitting on a log sticking $12.00 worth of moleskin on his
bleeding feet, just offer to trade the crosstrainers for his old boots and
$50 bucks.  He'll probably throw in a couple of snickers if you act really
disinterested.

'tricknee'