Re: [at-l] Re: Why Not Harpers Ferry

In a message dated 9/10/99 12:11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ATnavi@aol.com
writes:

<< Hilltop House Hotel *might* have a hiker's rate, but it likely only
applies
 to thru-hikers. I'd suggest one of the MD hiking crew check it out, it might
 give you some nice digs for a cheap price... ATC might even know, since
 they're around the corner from HHH. >>

    I once took advantage of that rate when attending an ATC Publications
Committee meeting.  I don't think they're too strict about it.  I recall the
price was about $35 or so.  You got a relatively small room on the third
floor, facing the street, rather than the river.  But it wasn't a bad deal,
considering the price.

        Daniel Chazin