Re: [at-l] Silk weight pullover shirts

> -- got down to about 55 degrees. I donned this
> 3.5 ounce silk long sleeve shirt and it did
> wonders to take the chill off. You wouldn't think
> it'd have a chance because the material seems so
> thin. Evidently doesn't retain hiker skank either
> and washes out cleanly I hear.

Several years ago our family lost nearly everything in an apartment fire.
Afterwards we received all manner of assistance from relatives, friends,
and strangers, including clothes. Among the piles of clothing that came our
way were two silk shirts, one of which I wore on my hike with Orangebug to
Jack's River Falls earlier this year. I wanted to check out silk, too, but
I took it out in the heat of the summer into a very humid place, the
Cohutta Wilderness.  The shirt in question had this dark diamond pattern,
in the medieval jester style. I soaked it thru with sweat and it kept me
cool, too cool in fact, so I took it off to warm up at the Sugar Cove trail
head. At that point I discovered the dye had run ... I'll leave Orangebug
to comment on the skank. But I do like that shirt.

David