[at-l] Ga hike-Unicoi Gap to Woody Gap

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Eric Cobbs <hikeboy@hotmail.com>.
* Please use <mailto:hikeboy@hotmail.com> to reply to the sender.

My name is Eric, and this is my first time posting to this list.  I met ORANGE BUG

I just got back from a 32 mile A.T. hike This weekend.  15 miles on Sat. and 17 on Sun.  I went with a friend from High school Who I haven't seen for a while.  Weather was great.  Jumped a deer on the trail.  Had a 12 lb. pack w/o food and water.  Wore running shoes and had no blisters or stone bruising. Good test for running shoes, the trail was steep and full of sharp loose rocks. My buddy, the shirtless G.I. got at least 5 blisters on Each foot, as well as painful stone bruising. Combat boots wear like ass. But he wouldnt listen to me.

Streams were mostly dry,  went for a 10 mile stretch w/0 water.  We knew this so we drank like ticks at the last spring, and waddled off into the horizon.  Slept on a cliff on Cowrock mountain.  Clear sky with stars in the 50s.  Morning brought a great sunrise over the east facing cliff, burning throught the mist.  Very steep peaks around Testnatee Gap.  We will have to go there sometime.

For my next hike, I would like to go to Albert mountain.  I hear that it is mostly a bouldering expedition to the top.  Sound interesting?