[at-l] RucK2000

We plan for RucK 2000 to be held at Iron Mansion Hostel in
Pine Grove Furnace State Park, on the AT in PA.
about 15 miles south of exit 14 on I-81.

Won't be the same without Tom and Marie and the boys,
but what are ya gonna do.....

John O will be checking out the facilities next weekend and getting the
ball rolling.

The date is Super Bowl Weekend.January 28-29-30 the year 2000.

Navigator, Sandy Downs, ATnavi@aol.com is doing a webpage for the RucK.

This is an AAA list request.  Once we have a website, it will be easier to keep
everyone updated on the Ruck plans.

She needs photos!!!!! I know some of you have pictures from past Rucks
so get in touch with her! Poor Earl had his pic taken enough that there
has to be some out there. Hey....some people's dogs have their own websites so
between us all, we ought to be able to come up with a RucKpage. We need pics....
Like the shearing of Felix....?? The mansion? The tent show??
And memories!!!! Anyone have a favorite memory? Sandy needs input!!!)

Also....once Sandy sets up the page. we need someone to do the
update/changes cause she will be out of the country and on the road till
Ruck time.  This would be a great way for someone who can't come to
still help us raise money for RucK2000 Trailcare.

Earl will be invited formally this year. As are a number of other Pa.
trail folks. We'll see what happens.  Jim and Ginny will bust *** to come
with all their tales of the CDT.

Pittsburgh has been yogied and Hike-USA http://www.hike-usa.com
will donate a 'week for two' of supported hiking as another prize for the raffle.

Kurt Russell will donate a Nomad http://www.wanderlustgear.com/
I don't know yet what model.

Paddybeer of Paddysgear also has something up his sleeve! In addition to
offering the profits from the Maryland Death March Tee Shirts, with the saying
"At The Beginning I Will Walk, In The Middle I Will Crawl, At The End I
Will Roll Over". to RucK2000 Trailcare , he will also be kicking in some cutting edge
lightweight gear. Paddy is currently changing servers, I guess, cause my
address for Paddy's Gear isn't working and I think he's on the road for a week.
So McO??? Does he have a new addie??

Lynn Setzer has donated an autographed copy of her book
A Season on the Appalachian Trail : An American Odyssey
for auction.

Sandy Downs has done likewise with her book
Earth's Hidden Treasures (Exploring Planet Earth)

And a producer of super light weight gear has expressed
an interest (I am such a tease<g>)

It is still way early for RucKness to set in, in full force. We have the
Gathering up coming! But we still need input and help from you all if
we wanna raise some bucks for the Trail.

We have planned:

A Killer Chili Contest ....you can be a judge....for a five buck donation <g>
Or you can enter your chili......there will be prizes!!! Details to come.

RucKRaffle (BTW....we are trying to make arrangements to
find a way for non Rucksters to participate in the RucKRaffle)

Saturday Morning Pancakes featuring Sloe Toe's -
"Gene's All-Day Pancakes" -- after my dear Daddy's, made in the White
Mountains (along the Kancamangus Highway/Swift River), and sufficient
to last you "all day!"
Yes, Gene's All-Day Pancakes! With Gene's, you can forget about lunch!"
and assorted lesser fare.

A New & Used Gear Auction
Be kind...give your unused gear another chance to go hiking!
Pittsia has a agreed to be an auctioneer..Feelix has not.....YET?????
We need someone to take charge of this! All ya gotta do is keep track
of who is donating what. And of course be a nudge to get everyone to
go through their gear and see what they can part with. E-me!!!!

A Bottle to Boil Contest with two "heats"...one for stock stoves and one for
homemade marvels.
This time it will happen....Wudz is in charge! Bakwudz@aol.com

Tommy is gonna run and he wants you to too! tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us

And some suggestions

RucK Tee shirts..we need a design...details to follow

Used Gear Swap Meet. (a 20% cut of the Swap Meet will go to Trailcare)

RucK Crew to do trail work and or Hostel Mantainence
We talk the talk...will we walk the walk?...

Contact Pittsia for Trailwork  hike-usa@email.msn.com  He's on the
Trail till the middle of Oct, but e-him anyway....we want it in writing <g>

We need a Cheif for the HostleCrew. Volunteers???

So that's where we are as of now! John O is due for a road trip and I have
some flood repair stuff that's gonna be a bear for a while, so we need your HELP!!!!
The RucK will happen one way or another. But money doesn't grow on trees and
it will take a little effort to raise some money. Who's in?