[at-l] Medical Update

Went back to allergist today for what I expected to be a final visit and a
ticket to Backpacking again.  Well that didn't happen.  No exerting myself
until my lungs get clearer.  This asthma really sucks big time.  From tests
on lung capacity today there is an improvement from 6 weeks ago.  But not
enough to allow long distance backpacking.  I'm at about 50% capacity which
is an increase from the 30% last time.  I've been feeling great the last 2
weeks.  I have been making plans to head back into the woods till the snows
came.  Well thats all on hold now.  Needless to say I'm not a happy camper
right now.  Mind you I'm grateful it is improving just that its taking
toooooooooooooo long for my likes.  Last weekend I went backpacking 8
miles.  Of course it was a perfectly flat sandy trail and the only reason I
was sweating was due to sunshine not exertion.  So this weekend is up in
the air right now.  This asthma still baffles me.  I haven't smoked since
February, lost 20 pounds, backpacked 600 miles and now I'm not suppose to
do anything strenuous?  I just whinning right now so ignore it as it'll go
away.
John O
       http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html