Re: Re: [at-l] AT-L CREW

An AT-L Crew is a great idea but since all the trail already comes under
the care of one trail maintaining club or another, we would probably
be assigned to an existing crew the way Pittsia and the Hike-USA hikers
were.  A Crew chef went with them and directed their efforts and they
used the crew's equipment down in Laurel Fork George.

Plus there would be the problem of where to keep them.  If we volunteer
to work in Va in the spring and in NH in the fall and PA in the winter, getting
a pulaski and a chain saw from hea-re to thea-re would be pricey.

Would spending money to buy a whole new set of tools for an AT-L crew
be a wise buy if they just sat around 50 weeks a year or would it be better
to offer ourselves to an existing crew and work under their guidance and
with their tools?