Re[2]: [at-l] Trail Maintainers

WHHAWKINS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/30/99 7:04:32 PM EDT, kahley7@ptd.net writes:
>
> << Showing my ignorance but, where do the folks that maintain the trails
>  get the money to do so?  And do they maintain trails other that the AT?
>  Thanks so much.   k, >>
>
> 1. Out of their own pocket.
> 2. Club dues.
> 3. Sometimes from ATC.        ******And in this order, too!******
>
> Wildbill

They are covering all my cost once I get to their basecamp.   I beleive most
of teh fundign comes from ATC for this one.

David

******SLOETOE PIPES IN WITH A THOUGHT ON THE "TRAIL CREWS":******
Don't forget, Dave, that you've sacrificed income-generating time when you
"volunteer" for a crew. That too is a donation, unless the cost of lost income
is now being funded .....(OK, I can dream, can't I?)