Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Eminent domain

In a message dated 8/26/1999 8:24:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
TOKTAADN@aol.com writes:

<< I wonder if any of us feels a guilt-o-meter reading for those acts that
are
 imperceptible as we experience the flow of time during the stages of our
 lives, but add up to environmental and social devastation in a few
 generations.  If we truly care about our children, shouldn't we take the
 blinders off and evaluate these issues from the broadest possible
perspective
 instead of from personal greed?  If you happen to be religious and are
 comfortable with the concept of afterlife and eternity,  why can't you look
 at current events on earth from a longer time perspective also?

 The earth is billions of years old.  It will be here for billions more.  Is
 it too much to ask that we look at these issues from the perspective of a
few
 fleeting centuries?  If we don't use our abilities and wisdom, man's
 footprint on this planet will be short-lived in the overall scheme of
things.
 Mother nature is infinitely more powerful than us and will repair our
 atrocities on the planet.  What is unconscionable is that we take other
 species to extinction as we play reckless with the resources we were meant
 husband.

 Let me cast my wild and foolish vote that the whole planet be named a
 viewshed and all further development cease!  I'll not let my dreams be
 shackled by practical considerations.  I'd rather hike to a different
drummer. >>

Wow!  Solar Bear.  This is the writing and the thinking of the prince that
you are.

Hope you don't mind (I will give credits), but I am going to copy and send
your letter to a few people I know.

Kinnickinic