[at-l] not trail related, but life related...

for two years my father has had to endure four operations, much pain, and a
large number of health care professionals that, in the course of doing their
job, intruded greatly in his life, and the life of my mother.  we all never
knew whether my father would loose his feet, or, if he kept his feet,
whether he would ever walk again.  his mantra throughout this whole ordeal
has been, "when can i get out on the golf course again?"  today, he hauled
his frail body into the front seat of the car, and we drove to a local
course, where we played nine holes of golf.  my father, a very happy man, is
now in bed recovering from this blessed event.  he may sleep until
thursday...

pittsburgh