Re: [at-l] Eminent domain

Sloetoe writes:

[...]

>     Think about it. The simplest term for what we're hashing about here
>     is a "public good" and the simplest definition is that a public
>     good is something which, if provided for one, may be provided for
>     all (at no extra cost). National defense, education, town squares,
>     highways, and yes, recreation resources like our own AT, are
>     different examples of "public goods." For Saddleback, the
>     individual's reward for experiencing the hike over is certainly
>     much less than the previous example's homeowner with the burning
>     home. However, the number of persons potentially benefiting is
>     increased by 235,000,000 or so. Heady numbers. Big benefits.

(blink)

If nothing else, I have to admire your chutzpah.

But hey, while we're on the subject of sacrificing for your public
good, has it ever occurred to you that EVEN MORE people could benefit
if the Appalachian Trail were graded and paved?

Something to think about next time you're hiking in the shadow of
the Blue Ridge Parkway.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine         $
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->