Re: [at-l] Eminent domain

kahley7 writes:

> So selfishly, as one who wants to see more trails built, I can't help but
> wonder how this precedent would effect the decisions of future landowners
> when someone asks them "may we walk across your land?"
> Why would they ever give us an inch if we prove we are all too willing to
> take a yard?

A very good point. Are not the folks trying to build the International
Appalachian Trail encountering this exact problem with the landowners
in Maine?

Who can blame them?

On the other hand, maybe they're just greedy and unwilling to see what
best suits the common good.

You know, one of these days we're going to see every access way onto
timber company land *gated*.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine         $
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->