Re[2]: [at-l] Eminent domain

Well the issue is slightly different this time than in 1997. I think the
issue then was
surly locals.   But I am still really torn about the viewshed aspect of the
Saddleback issue.  In fairness to those who have written via TP, they were told
to choose alternative number one.  But Bucky is right.....some of those letters
gave me the creeps. I WANT, IWANT, FOR ME, FOR MY HIKE, WHEN MY
TURN COMES.  I didn't read them all but I couldn't find any one who broke
with the prescribed formula and recommended any compromise or any
consideration for the rights of the people who bought the land fair and square
and could possible loose their right to control their own property.

I do understand and agree that dodging skiers would be uncool.  But this
whole thing is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I just can't
help but think of ALL the people who lost their homes and their heritage
to build the trail.  What a sacrifice they made, wether willing or not.
If you want to read what I posted about my family's experience, I dug it
out of the achieves and posted it below.  The thought that this new level
of viewshed protection might be extended to the whole trail is scary to
me.  I wonder if anyone has ever gathered the stories
of the people who used to call the AT home?  No answers here either.....
just asking myself if I' wouldn't be more averse to this 'taking' if it was
someone's home instead of someone's business.  And that makes me really
uncomfortable......I