[at-l] Re: water in the Smokies

Dan and I just returned from hiking the entire AT in the Smokies.  Water
sources are low.  You will need a cup to scoop water in many cases.  And the
water at one shelter was sort of yuck looking, but we filtered anyway, so it
was usable.  There is water where the book says there is water, but not very
many extras.  A book we are reading says that it rains 2 out of 3 days in the
Smokies and it didn't rain on us at all the entire 75 miles.