Re: [at-l] Water supply in the Smokies.

tjfort wrote:

> Any of you who have been on the AT in the Smokies recently, what is the
> water supply like?  what do you think it would be like in 4 weeks?   Any
> dry pipes to worry about?

I was in the Smokies a couple of weeks ago with my niece ( I am trying to make
a hiker out of her).  They had had so much rain that more people were using
the rivers and streams like water parks and getting hurt.  The spring at
Icewater Springs Shelter was running great and was so cold!  We only hiked to
Charlie's Bunion and back on the AT, but I thought that was good for her.  She
is only nine.

Kathy