Re: [at-l] A summer bag

In a message dated 8/19/99 10:18:56 AM EDT, dkiefer@jjg.com writes:

<< I have an "army surplus" poncho liner that I wanted to make a summer bag
out of.

 Has anyone used the poncho liners for this, other than just wrapping up   in
one?

 I tend to roll in my sleep and want to sew up the end to keep my toes   warm
 :-)   But before I take a needle and tread to it, I want some   additional
input.

 Thanks

I put snaps on one, used during the summer on a thru-hike. Good down to about
40-45*. A zipper would be better. US Cavalry was selling some with zippers a
few years ago.
Here is a link to their web site if you want to check, if they still sell
them. If so there should be a photo.

Wildbill
 <A HREF="http://www.uscav.com/index.asp">uscav.com, US Cavalry's Online
Shopping Catal...</A>