Re: [at-l] New Danger

At 04:07 PM 8/18/99 -0400, Daniel Berlinger wrote:
>> > Q.) What does it mean when the flag is at half mast at the post office?
>> > A.) They're hiring.
>
>> It is flown at half staff to honor someone who has died. In the last few
>> weeks, it was flown to honor the postal carrier who was murdered while
doing
>> his job.
>
>With all do respect to the deceased and the family involved, I think someone
>left their sense of humor at home... :)
>
>If your point was that half staff flags are serious and not to be made light
>of... then my apologies for misunderstanding. But I thought the joke was
cute.

I thought the joke was old and in poor taste considering the above recent
event. As a matter of fact my favorite hiking partner is a postmaster and
you'd be hard put to find a nicer or more non-violent guy. Yes, some postal
employees have gone berzerk, but so have students, stock traders and others.

Saunterer