[at-l] cleaning fuel bottles

Querie:

Ok, so I've emptied the fuel bottle and left it sitting around for while,
but it still has that smell.
Kind of like an emptied bottle of Wild Turkey, which at night creates a
fine if brief show when you drop in a lit match.
What kind of show would I get doing the same to an empty but smelling fuel
bottle? I doubt it would hurt the bottle or its mouth ...
What do you think?