Re: [at-l] Sprouts re: Delita's meals

I doubt that it is very hard. I remember doing sprouts back when it was a
"hippy" thing to do. You simply took your favorite seeds (alfalfa or such)
and folded them inside a wet paper towel and left them on the counter.
Light isn't important as these seeds expected to be buried and in the dark
(sort of like students). The moist and warmth (room temperature was plenty)
did the magic. You could go to school, repair your bug, thumb a ride to
Charleston and back, and find as good a set of sprouts as the Winn Dixie
never carried.

I bet you could do the same with paper towels or such in a baggy, closed up
in your back pack. Each crop would take about 2-3 days to make. The only
cost is the weight of the water, baggy and towels - as well as the seeds
for future crops of sprouts.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA