[at-l] Sprouts re: Delita's meals

Sprouts apparently can be done while backpacking.  At ALDHA last year I met a woman from Maine who, with her husband, had just completed the PCT.  She said that her husband rigged up some kind of system so that the sprouts were near his back (for warmth).  As I recall he had about three sets of sprouts going at all times--one to be eaten that night, and the other two in stages of growth.  She said that small seeds/sprouts worked best. She also said it was terrific to have "salad" at the end of the day.  Wish I had paid more attention to the details of their system--sorry.

Joan
bluetraill@aol.com