[at-l] Cheap Stuff

> I believe GMC started a brief discussion about the use of cheap gear from
> places that REI, Campmor and other places would sneer at.
>
> I just made my weekend hike to Big Lots in Smyrna, GA. Tarps 6X8 for
$1.49.
> 8X12 for $4.50. Thinsulate leather gloves for $3.99. Frosted Poptarts
> 12-pack for $1.99 (cherry and strawberry, in boxes marked for vendor sale
> only). Gear repair kits with 1 oz tubes of seam sealer for $3.25.
>
> I didn't make it into the Dollar General store next to the barber shop. It
> was just too blasted hot and I forgot to bring my hydration system
> (actually, divorce was threatened if I ventured out of the house into
> polite company with a Playpus on my back).
>
> I didn't see any metal cups (my favorite are old aluminum or steel metal
> measuring cups that you can cook in). I didn't even find any good and
light
> poly ropes or tie downs. But, I'm getting stuff together for a 4 day walk
> near Labor Day toward Woody Gap with my new Nomad. (I'm ambivalent about
> missing the first Clemson football game. We bought a Bowden!)

Hey  OrangeBug

You might not want to miss that Clemson opener if they open with us.  I'm
talking BIG GREEN - Marshall University.  I know that we open on the road
with Clemson and am looking forward to a victory.

You will also miss a chance to see this year's top Heisman Trophy candidate
in action.  I'm speaking of Marshall quarterback, Chad Pennington, of
course.

Best Wishes.

John