[at-l] Cheap Stuff

I believe GMC started a brief discussion about the use of cheap gear from
places that REI, Campmor and other places would sneer at.

I just made my weekend hike to Big Lots in Smyrna, GA. Tarps 6X8 for $1.49.
8X12 for $4.50. Thinsulate leather gloves for $3.99. Frosted Poptarts
12-pack for $1.99 (cherry and strawberry, in boxes marked for vendor sale
only). Gear repair kits with 1 oz tubes of seam sealer for $3.25.

I didn't make it into the Dollar General store next to the barber shop. It
was just too blasted hot and I forgot to bring my hydration system
(actually, divorce was threatened if I ventured out of the house into
polite company with a Playpus on my back).

I didn't see any metal cups (my favorite are old aluminum or steel metal
measuring cups that you can cook in). I didn't even find any good and light
poly ropes or tie downs. But, I'm getting stuff together for a 4 day walk
near Labor Day toward Woody Gap with my new Nomad. (I'm ambivalent about
missing the first Clemson football game. We bought a Bowden!)

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA