Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Cooking in a Tent?

At 04:01 PM 8/12/99 -0500, Thomas McGinnis wrote:
>  Winter hikers and mountaineers have been cooking and melting snow inside
>their tents for decades. ..clip..
> What are those mountaineering/winter folks doing to be safe?

I know a guy who cooks in his tent and sleeps with his food in the tent. He
also drives like a maniac and doesn't carry any emergency gear. He's out
almost every weekend and amazingly, is still alive. They say the Lord
protects fools and children but I fully expect someday to get a call to
join the search and rescue team that goes looking for his charred,
asphyxiated or mauled body. If I'm half as lucky as him, he'll buy the farm
on the highway and it'll be the State Police who'll have to deal with it.

Saunterer