Re: [at-l] tarps and bugs

In a message dated 8/12/1999 10:44:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu writes:

<< Jennifer was concerned about tarps being "buggy." Campmor sells a
 netting canopy that hangs from one point. Spot '97 used one with his
 tarp in the summer months. (It could also work in a buggy shelter.) >>
I use the screen door from an old family sized tent. I cut out the no-see-um
netting, about a 3x4 oblong, and hang it from selter roofs with a spare
shoelace and a thumbtack ( pinch the netting in the middle, tie the shoelace
to this 'peak' and push the tack into the wood directly over your head. Bring
the thumbtack, because you can't count on a nail exactly where you need it.)
This works great, much better than sleeping in in headnet because your arms
are covered too.
TJ < frugal, even for a Scot from Maine!