Re: [at-l] Cooking in a Stephenson Tent?

In a message dated 8/12/1999 9:13:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thornel@ibm.net writes:

<< Regardless of what the instructions say, please don't cook in _any_ tent.

  Winter hikers and mountaineers have been cooking and melting snow inside
their tents for decades. I wonder what they are doing thatI've used my esbit
inside the vestibule dozens of times, but it sits on the ground ( or mud, or
snow ), on an aluminum plate.
 What are those mountaineering/winter folks doing to be safe?
TJ < has no plans to cook in his tent, but is wondering how the 'pros' do it