Re: [at-l] Beginner's 3-Day Hike - Day 3

>Actually, you want to pre-filter
>before the iodine. The iodine needs to burn up bugs, not trash. A bandana
>works very well for this, is reusable, and you get electrolytes back
>(unless you rinse the sweat off first)!

I'll agree with orangebug on this (but use a clean bandana!!!). Also, make
sure that you don't add the E-mergen-C (?) until after the iodine has had
30 minutes or so to do its job. My understanding is that vitamin C will
make the iodine precipitate out (thus reducing the iodine taste), so you
don't want to do this til all the critters are dead.

KB