Re: [at-l] Beginner's 3-Day Hike - Day 3

Good solution for the filtering problem. Actually, you want to pre-filter
before the iodine. The iodine needs to burn up bugs, not trash. A bandana
works very well for this, is reusable, and you get electrolytes back
(unless you rinse the sweat off first)!

The iodine taste might decrease with the filter as you suggest, as it would
happily try to bleach the filter. Since you are using VitC containing
electrolyte additive, that will get rid of the iodine taste rather well.
The acid and the bleach react on each other.

BTW, I particularly liked your description of the first day hike. You tell
the excellent story of the tortoise and the hare. The hare scooted off in
search of water and the shelter. You stopped and sipped and sauntered along
at a leisurely pace. You both got there before dinner time! I suspect that
once we get you thoroughly ultra-de-lited, you're going to be a distance
hiker.

OrangeBug
Atlanta,GA