Re: [at-l] cooking in the tent

Another advantage of tarp camping: you can cook under it, away from the
wind and rain, without fear of burning it or dying of carbon monoxide
poisoning.

Couple week-ends ago I took my 8 yr old nephew down the Conasauga River
Trail on a short loop (his first over-night trip). It rained, thundered,
lightninged and winded most of Saturday afternoon, but we stayed warm and
dry under my tarp, with a large fire burning just beyond it in the rain. To
cut the wind I hung my poncho perpindicular to the ground on one side of
the tarp. Worked just fine.

David