[at-l] tarps

Thanks to all who answered my question about the Nomad.  I've been in
touch with Kurt and am hoping that a 2 person version will be available
sometime before next July.

But, aside from the (possible) 2-person Nomad and a Stephenson tent (a
little out of my price range right now), the best choice for 2 people
seems to be a tarp.  OK, bugs I suppose I can get used to, but what
about rain?  I've done some reading about tarps (Jardine, etc), but
nowhere has anyone addressed the matter of rain running underneath the
tarp.  How do you keep your sleeping bag dry when, (a) you're on a
slight incline with rain running down the hill, or (b) in an
"established" campsite along with more dirt than grass?

Can anyone help me find an answer to this question?

Thanks,

Jennifer "it always rains on me" Bannister