[at-l] cooking in the tent

I'll throw my $0.02 in here about cooking or using any flame inside a tent.
Don't do it!

A friend of mine recently lost his very expensive down sleeping bag to a
spark. He was car camping and was cooking on a coleman stove on the tailgate
of his truck. A spark hit his expensive (and new) down sleeping bag which
was rolled up on the ground nearby. He said that in a matter of seconds he
had nothing but a pile of charred feathers and a zipper.

If its raining and you have to cook then get to a shelter. If you have to
tent then setup the stove under the vestibule of the tent, near the outside
edge.

Jim McBride