[at-l] upcoming hiking, all are welcome...

i will be doing some recreational hiking and supported hiking in the near
future.  if any of you can join me for a day or a weekend or a week, let me
know.  schedule below:

this is a two day backpack with a friend that has not hiked before.  this is
a relatively easy ridgeline hike.  water will be a problem, so we will carry
mass quantities on the first day, and have a stash at route 225 for the
second day  -

aug 19 thu - meet at route 325 trailhead in pa - overnight at trailhead
aug 20 fri - hike to peters mountain shelter (6.5 miles) - overnight at
shelter
aug 21 sat - hike to susquehanna river (9.5 miles) - head home

this is a 5 day supported hike over labor day weekend.  the terrain includes
the infamous pa rocks, and the miles are long.  there are many bail out
points along the hike that will allow for shorter mileage days if you wish.
i will be supporting two paid customers and one customer that i owe one week
of hiking, so if you wish to join us for any portion of this hike, let me
know and we will work out the finances -

sept 1 wed - meet at pavilion in port clinton pa - overnight at pavilion
sept 2 thu - hike to hawk mountain road (15.2 miles) - overnight at shelter
or campground
sept 3 fri - hike to bake oven knob road (16.4 miles) - overnight at
trailhead
sept 4 sat - hike to little gap (13.7 miles) - overnight at trailhead
sept 5 sun - hike to wind gap (15.4 miles) - overnight at motel
sept 6 mon - hike to delaware water gap (15.6 miles) - head home

this is a 15 day supported hike from grafton notch to the hermitage in
maine.  this is a tough wilderness hike with very few bail out points.  i
will be supporting one paid customer, and expect a few acquaintances to be
joining the hike here and there.  if you wish to join us for any portion of
this hike, let me know and we will work out the finances -

sept 10 fri - hike from grafton notch to east b hill road (10.3 miles) -
overnight at trailhead or hostel in andover
sept 11 sat - hike to south arm road (10.1 miles) - overnight at nearby
campground or hostel in andover
sept 12 sun - hike to route 17 (13.3 miles) - overnight at motel in rangeley
(steelers play browns at 8:30 on espn)
sept 13 mon - hike to route 4 (13.1 miles) - overnight at nearby campground
or motel in rangeley
sept 14 tue - hike to orbeton stream (13.4 miles + 1.2 mile side trail
out) - overnight at trailhead with side trail
sept 15 wed - hike to caribou valley road (10.5 miles +1.2 mile side trail
in) - overnight at trailhead
sept 16 thu - hike to stratton brook pond road (9.1 miles) - overnight at
motel in stratton
sept 17 fri - day off in stratton (motel, restaurants, laundry, post office,
other stinking hikers) - will go moose sighting in evening
sept 18 sat - hike to east flagstaff road (15.9 miles) - overnight at
trailhead
sept 19 sun - hike to pierce pond road (16.3 miles) - overnight at nearby
primitive camping area
sept 20 mon - hike to moxie pond (15.5 miles) - overnight at nearby
campground or motel
sept 21 tue - hike to logging road (10.9 miles) - overnight at trailhead
sept 22 wed - hike to monson (13.9 miles) - overnight at shaws boarding
house
sept 23 thu - hike to long pond stream road (14.3 miles) - overnight at
trailhead
sept 24 fri - hike to the hermitage (16.4 +0.7 side trail) - head home

after this hike, i will be staying in the wilderness for a few days to do
some pleasure hiking.  you may join me.  there is no schedule.

pittsburgh