Re: [at-l] Meteors Remembered

I've never seen one quite that  close but one night I was driving on a rural
road between Atlanta and my home around midnight when one literally lit up the
night sky. It's sphere was as large as the sun.  It disappeared over the
horizon and I stopped and rolled down the window to see if I would hear a
sonic boom.  I did not but it left a trail of smoke across the night sky and
one astounded teen who was truly wide awake.

Sam