[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Power Foods for Backpacking
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Power Foods for Backpacking
- From: email@example.com (Thomas McGinnis)
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:03:38 -0500
Two quick responses:
1) DON'T BE DISSIN' MY POWERBARS, MAN!!!
2) Powerbars are great for endurance sports (for which they're made),
but regular ol' GORPage (peanuts, raisons, M&Ms) pack a much more
potent punch for backpackers, nutritionally, calorie/weight wise, AND
financially. I constructed a PowerBar-equivalent GORP serving (from
the nutrition labels) last year, and gorp kicked major (hiking) booty.
(Major PowerBar fan, but also, hey, a hiker. (Which is to say, Don't
try running with Gorpage as your fuel, or you'll be wearing it before
too long. Bleah!)
______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: [at-l] Power Foods for Backpacking
Author: OIdMaster@aol.com at ima
Date: 8/6/99 7:31 PM
In a message dated 8/6/1999 7:02:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
<< are 50% marketing, 50% psychological are 50% marketing, 50%
psycholoal 'boost', and 50% poor science. >>
"are 50% marketing, 50% psychological 'boost', and 50% poor science"
OldMaster < at-l's TypoMaster!
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *