Re: [at-l] Nomad or Tarp

> thru-hike next year, and we really want to go as light as possible (who
> doesn't?).  He's 5'10" and I'm 5'2".
>
> I know, I know, we should tarp, but I'm a little squeamish about
> creepy-crawlies.

You might consider a double hammock and tarp combination. Works great for
me, though I've yet to get my wife to sleep in it with me ... maybe this
week-end??? .... so I can't say how it would work out for two. I sometimes
share a tarp with my sis in law and other hiking companions, covering two
hammocks, and that works out just fine.
Hammock keep creepy crawlers at bay and you and your gear quite dry. I also
find them more comfortable than the ground.

David