Re: [at-l] Beginner's 3-Day Hike - Day 1

In a message dated 8/9/99 9:38:17 PM EDT, cora_drake@hotmail.com writes:

<< Ray Jardine says camping on a slight slope is a good thing and the feet
 should be at the high end.  I get the theory about returning blood from the
 feet, but am still not sure I wan my head lowest.  Anybody got experience to
 share? jpj >>

It may work for him. I like to stop during the hot part of the day. Take the
boots off, lay back with my feet up on my backpack. Sleeping with my head
lower then the feet all night is a good way to wake with a headache.

Wildbill