RE: [at-l] Beginner's 2nd Test Run and Pack Shake Down

Thanks for the story.  That's a perfect example of dehydration - it does
tend to sneak up on you.  I get it too if I forget to drink enough even
though I might feel okay at the time.

In my hiking prior to this trip I adopted the sayings:

Drink before you are thirsty;
Eat before you are hungry;
Rest before you are tired.

They pop into my head now when I think about *postponing* doing what I need
to do - I seem to last a lot longer if I live by these guidelines.

I hope your story reminds someone to drink their water - especially
important when we don't feel like it.

Delita