RE: [at-l] Beginner's 2nd Test Run and Pack Shake Down

Something seems a bit strange with this comment. I suspect there is a point
of diminishing return with the work of carrying water causing more sweat
and heat. There may be further problems with the amount of clothing that
you pack, especially during record heat wave and drought. If you are this
fragile, I question why you would hike anywhere on the east coast this
month. I doubt there is any need for more fleece or cold weather clothing,
especially if overheating is a problem.

I hope that your hike is a good opportunity to find what you really need,
and get acclimated to dealing with heat and hills. This is supposed to be
fun, and not a death march. Replacing electrolytes from sweat is a grand
idea, regardless of the brand of electrolyte mix. I hope you are getting
good advice, and not simply alternative medicine hype.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA