Re: [at-l] Auntie Virus

I think I was mistaken in saying that the hanta virus had to be inhaled
to make a human infected. It makes sense that in the southwest US or the
altiplanos of Argentina or Chile that the dry conditions would tend to
aerosolize the virus/rodentdung gumbo, but if you are, say, cleaning out
a barn in Indiana and wipe your eyes or nose, given that most folks' (
other than oral ) mucous membranes don't have digestive enzymes
to kill wayward virae, might it be just as likely to progress to a
pulmonary hemorrage from conjunctival infection as from an inhaled hanta
virus?
      Is there a vaccine available for hanta?

<Al>