[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Leave your soap behind?
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Leave your soap behind?
- From: "Turtle (a.k.a. Rev. Howard D. Lyons, Sr., EM" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:32:45 +0000
- Reply-to: email@example.com
David F. Addleton wrote:
> How many folks take soap with them on the trail? (I still carry a tiny
> bottle of the stuff.) But I ran across this article at the BBC's website
> which could give new meaning to the LNT ethic!
> Friday, August 6, 1999 Published at 15:58 GMT 16:58 UK
> Clean and easy
> We take soap for granted
> By Pauline Newman of BBC Science
> You take the greasy animal fat from the bottom of a cooking pan. You add
> the grimy wood ash from the fire below. You mix them together and use the
> resulting goo to clean yourself.
Esbits, of course, don't leave any ash. Also why waste the fat calories.
So much for trimming the pack.
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *