Re: [at-l] Hiking Poles/Sticks

> ** are two poles *really* better than one?
>
> ** is a regular, ole, wooden stick not as good as a hi-tech hiking pole?

I need a really stout pole that can, when called upon, support my weight
(195 lbs) The pole is 1" by 5 feet. It has a crook at the top which
makes it easy to hold when decending rocks, etc.  Sometimes I just carry
it--a pain. I have even slept leaning upon it for several minutes--don't
think hi-tech would help there. I really use it more to steady myself
when I hike. One knee bothers me from time to time and the pole helps
there.