Re: [at-l] Hiking Poles/Sticks

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:06:28 -0400 "Lynn Setzer" <hikester@mindspring.com>
writes:

>My basic questions are:
>
>** are two poles *really* better than one?
>
>** is a regular, ole, wooden stick not as good as a hi-tech hiking
>pole?
>Lynn

Hi Lynn,
The Knee Gods don't like me either. After believing for years hikers were
better off with empty hands, I switched. Since switching to two poles my
knees have faired far better than before. My balance is also better in
more difficult sections of trail. I like the adjustable ones (I change
them to fit the terrain), but don't like the ones with springs in them.
No matter what you use the handles must be comfortable.

As far as accessories go, my poles have a CD player and small rockets in
the tips to help on the hills(batteries not included).

woodelf