Re: [at-l] departures (ice cleats)

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:05:50 EDT WHHAWKINS@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 8/7/99 12:43:31 PM EDT, turtle@aryeh.com writes:
>
><< McBride, James wrote:
> >
> > Tell me more abou the small ice cleats.
> >

> Jim, I found 'em!
>
>Check out Campmor. Seen them in their catalog.  <A
>HREF="http://www.campmor.com/">Campmor</A>
>Wildbill

I hiked from Thornton Gap in Shenandoah Nat'l Park to Boiling Springs
(about 180 miles) the last two weeks of January this year. Could not have
done it without those Campmor ice cleats. In the first 100 miles I only
took them off briefly, twice. The trail was a sheet of hard ice and slick
with rain most of the time. I have about a hundred and sixty miles on
mine, they're probable good for 200-300 miles before having to be
replaced. I've got the ones with the nylon webbing and buckles, they
weigh less than 4 ounces in a small nylon bag that slides on my waist
belt.

woodelf