Re: [at-l] departures

I started from Springer in  Feb of '72 and was so glad that I had felt
insoles in those big clunker boots and crampons and a big ol shovel
handle with a 16d nail in the end ( before Leki era ). The crampons are
definitely worth the weight whenever you go where ice is unavoidable, as
there are few walking experiences more scary than having to cross an
expanse of ice with a pack and no traction from those cold vibram soles.
I was also grateful that I carried about twice as many pairs of socks as
I had originally planned on, because as we all know, one of lifes'
treasured moments is when you can zip yourself in your bag on a
sub-freezing night with a nice clean wool sock on each foot and hand.

<Al>