Re: [at-l] departures

I believe you are referring to the blizzard of 1993 when you mention 1992.  I had a friend doing a thru who had to hole-up at Blood Mtn for a while due to the drifts.   It was really  quite an experience for a number of hiker's, particularly those who were stranded in the Smokies.  I myself in 1994 started on March 6, and didn't have any problems with snow until I hit the Smokies and got about 6-8 inches.
  Marshall
  "Tarkus"

Some pics of my hike: http://www.radix.net/~mdb