Re: [at-l] departures

>Currently my great debate revolves around whether or not to take my
>snowshoes along in the beginning.

I know I said I am not usually an avid poster, but today is an exception :-)

We started pretty early last year (March 1st) and might have been able to
use snowshoes a couple of times, but hardly enought to warrent the
weight...though it got a little annoying postholing all the way down
Clingmans Dome.

The only person we saw on the trail with snow shoes was a section hiker from
Florida with a 90 lb pack and totally ravaged feet...

That's all for today...maybe,

Yoon, the somewhat prolific