Re: [at-l] departures

>Welcome, but you are suspiciously compliant with that other list. So you
>decided to hike your own hike? Don't you realize that you have to follow
>the liturgy of TP, or the Purity Gods will erase your trailname from the
>book of the saved?

Hello All!

I just joined this list a few days ago after the urging of a certain
runner/hiker who is also a member of the running list I'm on :-)  I was
skeptical at first, because before our thru-hike last year, my girlfriend
(Dharma Bum '98) and I were on the ATML and AT98 lists and I didn't want to

I don't want to start talking dirt about the *other* list because it really
did help us plan for our hike (we had no knowledge of the AT or thru-hiking
when we first read about it and decided to do it two years ago) but I do
want to say that this purer-than-thou attitude really affected us in a
negative way...what a joy to get out on the trail and realise that most of
the thru-hikers weren't like that at all :-)

Anyway, I am happy to have joined this list, and, providing I can keep up
with the mail volume of the various lists I belong to, I hope to stay a
while :-)  I am not, however a prolific poster so there go my participation
marks...oops, wrong list...

Yoon '98
March 1st-->August 3rd